Ashlyns is working to prepare students for a modern workplace and is embracing the ideology that technology is a key tool to enhance learning.
Google has spent the last few years designing a unique type of device that provides a smooth transition from the home to the classroom. Chromebooks allow students to have a standardised learning experience and make use of applications chosen by their teachers.
Chrome OS is a Cloud-based system which makes use of tailored tools, such as Google Classroom, to ensure students get the best experience possible.
The benefits of a one-to-one device (Chromebook) for your child include:
- access to a greater variety of resources in the classroom
- access to resources to support home-learning
- creating documents, sheets and slides
- safe and organised storage
- opportunities for engaging activities which include collaboration with other students and quizzes
- home-learning is recorded and accessed in one place, helping students to stay organised
- facility to track rewards and consequence points
- access to websites which will support research
- a platform from which to access personalised learning programmes such as books, apps and online resources
If you are considering buying a Chromebook for your child, please refer to this leaflet