Key Stage 5 – Year 12
Academic excellence is at the heart of everything we do; students who continue on to A Levels enter our vibrant Sixth Form with high expectations.
The step from GCSE to A Level is considerable and we ensure Year 11 students, and their parents, benefit from expert advice and guidance on the range, relevance and choice of subjects available.
Success at Ashlyns School does not happen by chance: extensive support and guidance is provided to each student, who will benefit from an experienced and dedicated team of tutors, a Learning Mentor, a Head of Year and a committed Sixth Form team, combined with a personalised mentoring programme.
Detailed course information, including entry requirements, can be found in our course information booklet on the Sixth Form home page.
TRANSITION TIMELINE FOR SIXTH FORM ADMISSION 2019:
- Thursday 18th October 2018 – Year 11 Consultation Evening, where advice can be sought and initial post 16 options request forms are completed
- Wednesday 24th October 2018 – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ information evening for students and parent/carers
- November/December 2018 – individual interviews with senior staff and options blocks confirmed
- January 2019 – confirmation of Sixth Form offer, subject to GCSE results
- Tuesday 2nd July 2019 – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ Induction Day, following the last GCSE exam
- August 2019 – GCSE results day , confirmation of offer. Senior staff are available by appointment to offer advice and guidance as required
- September 2019 – Year 12 Induction Day and courses begin
Specific dates are published in our Sixth Form information booklet.