School trips and activities are a powerful and positive teaching tool, which not only promote life skills but also improve independence.
We aim to provide a broad and enriching range of educational visits and opportunities, both during and outside the school day. The number and types of trips does vary each year – students are notified of visits in their lessons and parents/carers will receive information about the trip and accompanying costs. Some trips are offered for the full year group, others are limited or are part of the course being studied.
Examples of trips that have recently taken place:
- Sports Tour to Holland
- European Music Tour to Germany
- Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions
- Language trips to France and Spain
- History Tour to Berlin
- Year 7 Peak District Trip
- Geography and Biology Fieldwork Trips
- World Challenge Expeditions
- Theatre, Museum and Art Gallery visits
- Ski Trip
- Activity Day and Rewards Trips
- Subject specific conferences and seminars
- Sixth Form Enrichment Trips
- Learning Ambassadors visiting local primary schools
Opportunities for trips or visits may also occur during the school year and we endeavor to give as much notice as possible. Equally, some trips may be cancelled if there is not sufficient interest.
Students in receipt of Free School Meals may qualify for financial assistance on the cost of certain curriculum-based trips,activities and resources. Such requests will remain confidential and are subject to certain criteria being met and availability of funds. Please speak in confidence to our Finance Team.