Behaviour & Expectations
All members of our community are expected to take personal responsibility for their behaviour and attitude to others. Ashlyns’ aim is to create a positive learning environment throughout the school.
Our core values are based on our motto ‘ASPIRE’, which is at the heart of everything we do. Our expectation is for everyone in our community to behave with respect and courtesy towards each other. Our core values underpin our rewards and consequences; good behaviour is rewarded and there are consequences for poor behaviour:
Our Community Expectations have been devised by students to remind us of what is expected of us all:
- I take pride in myself and aspire to do my best
- I show respect to others by being polite and kind
- I work to the best of my ability, even when I find the work challenging
- I understand that I represent the school and I dress and behave accordingly
- I show that I am prepared to learn by bringing the correct equipment/kit and actively taking part in all areas of school life
- I do what is asked of me, the first time I am asked
- I arrive where I should be on time and am always in the right place
- I celebrate my own successes and the successes of others
- I do not use language that is rude or offensive
- I am proud of our school and I help to look after the school environment
Code of Conduct
We should all act and behave in a way that encourages and supports learning.
We should be courteous, kind and show respect and generosity of spirit by listening, valuing and encouraging others. We should look for the good in people.
We should be ready for learning, join in activities both inside and outside the classroom and be prepared to cooperate with others.
We should respect others, their property and the environment and accept the consequences of our actions.