Information for Visitors
We hope that your visit will be enjoyable, informative and safe. Please help us by reading and complying with the guidance below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff to assist.
Coronavirus – how we keep each other safe
We welcome visitors (during school hours) whose visit is essential to the health, wellbeing and safety of students and the school site and where those visits are pre-planned. Other visits should be made outside of school hours.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend the school site for at least 5 days, following two successive days of negative test.
Face coverings are not mandatory in school but visitors, students and staff who wish to wear them may continue to do so.
All visitors and contractors must sign in and out at Reception and be issued with a badge which must be worn prominently so that staff and students can see you are a visitor.
Regular, vetted visitors must sign in and out at Reception.
Visitors are prohibited from taking photographs whilst on the school site.
Please ensure your mobile phone is switched off or on silent, is stored safely and is only used in the presence of a member of staff.
Fire & Evacuation
The alarm is a continuous bell. You must leave the building by the nearest exit and use the perimeter road – do not walk through the school. The assembly point for visitors is at the back of the school, on the blue netball court – front left area – where you will be recorded present by the administration staff.
We have several first aid staff, and a dedicated Matron; please alert a member of staff if you feel unwell and they will call for assistance for you. Alternatively, please go to the school office.
Health & Safety
Contractors must ensure that they are fully conversant with the safety rules and regulations to be observed by contractors working on site. As a visitor to our school, it is essential that you follow health and safety guidelines that may apply.
Smoking anywhere on the school site is prohibited.
Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors to the School
Adults visiting or working on the school site play an important role. You can play a part in keeping students safe whilst working at or visiting the school by observing the following guidelines:
- Do not initiate verbal or physical contact with students unless it is appropriate and a part of the agreed reason for your visit.
- Do not give any personal information to students, such as your mobile number or address. Do not provide students with your personal email address, and only provide your professional work email if it is necessary as part of the reason for your visit.
- Do not give students details of your personal social network accounts or engage in any communication with students using social networking sites.
- If you have any concerns that a student may be at risk of harm, report it immediately to a member of the Safeguarding Team who can be contacted via the main school office. Do not discuss your concerns with the student, and do not carry out an investigation.
- If a student makes a disclosure to you, do not promise confidentiality. Explain that you will need to talk to someone else. Inform a Safeguarding Team member of your concerns immediately.