Information for Visitors
We hope that your visit will be enjoyable, informative and safe. Please help us by reading and complying with the guidance below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff to assist.
Coronavirus – how we keep each other safe
We welcome visitors (during school hours) whose visit is essential to the health, wellbeing and safety of students and the school site and where those visits are pre-planned. Other visits should be made outside of school hours.
Do not enter the site if you currently need to safe isolate, according to the latest government guidance: if you have coronavirus symptoms (a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of/change in normal sense of taste or smell); if you have travelled from or through a country that is not exempt from the ‘all but essential’ travel guidance in the last 14 days; if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus; or if you have been told to self-isolate.
Wash Hands: Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds in hot, soapy water. The visitor bathrooms are located by Reception and there are hand sanitiser stations at entrances and exits.
Cover Face: Face covering should be worn in communal areas and when moving between lessons within the school building (unless you are exempt).
Make Space: Stay at least 2 metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions. Adhere to the school’s one way system.
If you feel unwell with coronavirus symptoms, immediately inform reception who will contact SLT; remove yourself from any public area. Do not return to collect belongings (these will be collected for you). You will be sent home.
Test and Trace: Personal data of employees, parents or visitors to school may be shared with NHS/Public Health Agencies as required for the response to the Covid pandemic
All visitors and contractors must sign in at Reception and be issued with a badge which must be worn prominently so that staff and students can see you are a visitor. Depending on the circumstances you may also be asked to show identification and your DBS certificate.
If you are a regular visitor you will need to sign in on arrival on each occasion. When you leave the site please ensure that you sign out.
Visitors are prohibited from taking photographs whilst on the school site.
Fire & Evacuation
The alarm is a continuous bell. You must leave the building by the nearest exit. The assembly point for visitors is at the back of the school by the basketball courts where you will be recorded present by the administration staff.
We have several first aid staff, and a dedicated Matron; please alert a member of staff if you feel unwell and they will call for assistance for you. Alternatively, please go to the school office.
Health & Safety
Contractors must ensure that they are fully conversant with the safety rules and regulations to be observed by contractors working on site.
As a visitor to our school, it is essential that you follow health and safety guidelines that may apply.
Smoking anywhere on the school site is prohibited.
Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors to the School
Adults visiting or working on the school site play an important role. You can play a part in keeping students safe whilst working at or visiting the school by observing the following guidelines:
- Do not initiate verbal or physical contact with students unless it is appropriate and a part of the agreed reason for your visit.
- Do not give any personal information to students, such as your mobile number or address. Do not provide students with your personal email address, and only provide your professional work email if it is necessary as part of the reason for your visit.
- Do not give students details of your personal social network accounts or engage in any communication with students using social networking sites.
- If you have any concerns that a student may be at risk of harm, report it immediately to a member of the Safeguarding Team who can be contacted via the main school office. Do not discuss your concerns with the student, and do not carry out an investigation.
- If a student makes a disclosure to you, do not promise confidentiality. Explain that you will need to talk to someone else. Inform a Safeguarding Team member of your concerns immediately.
Thank you for helping to keep Ashlyns School safe.