Key Stage 5 – Year 12
Academic excellence is at the heart of everything we do; students who continue on to A Levels enter our vibrant Sixth Form with high expectations.
The step from GCSE to A Level is considerable and we ensure Year 11 students, and their parents, benefit from expert advice and guidance on the range, relevance and choice of subjects available.
Success at Ashlyns School does not happen by chance: extensive support and guidance is provided to each student, who will benefit from an experienced and dedicated team of tutors, a Learning Mentor, a Head of Year and a committed Sixth Form team, combined with a personalised mentoring programme.
Detailed course information, including entry requirements, can be found in our course information booklet.
TRANSITION TIMELINE FOR SIXTH FORM ADMISSION:
- December – ‘Introduction to Sixth Form’ assemblies for Year 11 students
- January – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ information evening for students and parent/carers
- February – Year 11 Consultation evening, where further advice can be sought, initial post 16 options request forms are completed
- March – individual interviews with senior staff and options blocks confirmed
- April – Confirmation of sixth form offer, subject to GCSE results
- June/July – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ induction day – following the last GCSE exam
- August – GCSE results day – confirmation of offer. Senior staff are available by appointment to offer advice and guidance as required
- September – Year 12 induction day and courses begin
Specific dates are published in our Sixth Form information booklet.