What can you do in the LRC?
Our learning resource centre (LRC) is a quiet working environment where you can:
- carry out research and study for your coursework;
- borrow, return or request books, DVDs and resource packs;
- find information and advice on careers, education and personal issues;
- use a laptop computer and/or printer;
- reflect on and develop your own thoughts and ideas, or;
- simply read for your own interest and enjoyment.
A member of the LRC staff is always available to help you find the resources that best suit your needs. Just come to the desk and ask!
Visit our Stationery Shop and Bookshop page for all your equipment and reading needs.
Visit the Ashlyns Archives page to find out more about our collection of school memorabilia.
When can you use the LRC?
The LRC is open daily from 8am to 5pm. It is available throughout the school day, for class lessons, one-to-one tutorials and at morning break, lunchtime and after school for independent study.
And when you’re at home, facing a pile of homework and need some ideas about where to start visit the LRC area on the VLE. For the latest news about printed and online resources, LRC activities and all things book-related, go to LRC homepage; to find resources related to a specific subject go to Explore.