Joining our Sixth Form
Supporting students to achieve academic excellence is central to our ethos at Ashlyns; students who continue on to A Levels enter our vibrant Sixth Form with high expectations. Our courses require a high level of intellectual ability and commitment to work; we believe that supporting students to make the right choices is essential if they are to be successful.
Timeline for sixth form admission:
- December – ‘Introduction to Sixth Form’
- January – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ information evening for students and parent/carers
- February – Consultation evening, where further advice can be sought, initial post 16 options request forms are completed
- March – individual interviews with senior staff and options blocks confirmed
- April – Confirmation of sixth form offer, subject to GCSE results
- June/July – ‘Into the Sixth’ induction day – following the last GCSE exam
- August – GCSE results day – confirmation of offer. Senior staff are available by appointment to offer advice and guidance as required.
- September – Year 12 induction day and courses begin
We request that external candidates contact the school to arrange a visit and complete our external admission form and process.
Details regarding entry requirements to the Sixth Form at Ashlyns can be found under the Course Details tab in the Sixth Form Information Booklet: please click here