Joining our Sixth Form
Into the Sixth Form Presentation – January 2017
Supporting students to achieve academic excellence is central to our ethos at Ashlyns; students who continue on to A Levels enter our vibrant Sixth Form with high expectations. Our courses require a high level of intellectual ability and commitment to work; we believe that supporting students to make the right choices is essential if they are to be successful.
Timeline for sixth form admission:
- December – ‘Introduction to Sixth Form’
- January – ‘Into the Sixth Form’ information evening for students and parent/carers
- February – Consultation evening, where further advice can be sought, initial post 16 options request forms are completed
- March – individual interviews with senior staff and options blocks confirmed
- April – Confirmation of sixth form offer, subject to GCSE results
- June/July – ‘Into the Sixth’ induction day – following the last GCSE exam
- August – GCSE results day – confirmation of offer. Senior staff are available by appointment to offer advice and guidance as required.
- September – Year 12 induction day and courses begin
We request that external candidates contact the school to arrange a visit and complete our external admission form and process.
Acceptance onto post 16 courses is dependent on the Average Points Score from the best 6 GCSE grades plus English & Maths.
High APS to be considered for 4 A Levels is regarded as 7 (= A grades)
|GCSE Grade||Old Points||New Points|